The Yarn Winding Manifesto by Astrid Skibsted
The Yarn Winding Manifesto is an invitation. With thread, cardboard, and attention, you are invited into yarn winding’s artistic space of colours and textures. The experience of colour in textiles has a special, moving intensity and relativity. Our way of choosing colours tells a personal story about us, which emerges as we wind. It is my hope and my experience that this is catching. That my dedication to and love of yarn windings--and all the layers they hold—may also overtake you. The Yarn Winding Manifesto is an inspirational work intended to share the joy of craftsmanship, materials, and colours. So that together, we can contribute a bit of creative counterbalance to an efficient, results-oriented society. There’s a need for it!
The Yarn Winding Manifesto is a flow of inspiring images in a wealth of colours, textures, and compositions. This photo series of nearly 200 works is introduced with beautiful and intelligent framing texts, an illustrated guide to the method, and a yarn winding manifesto of tangible simplicity.
The Yarn Winding Manifesto is:
- An explosion of colour and texture.
- An Immersive experience.
- A method with great artistic potential that requires very little technical skill.
- A creative activity to be enjoyed across generations.
- A sketching tool for textile craft.
- A way to explore colour.
- A love declaration for yarn.
Information about the book:
- Titel: The Yarn Winding Manifesto
- Release date in Denmark: 27/11-2020
- Author and artist: Astrid Skibsted
- Publisher: Astrid Skibsted
- Language: English and Danish
- Format: 17 x 24 cm
- Number of pages: 232
- Printing house: Narayana Press- Denmark
- Illustrations: Line Refstrup
- Graphic design: Anne Støvlbæk Kjær
- Editor: Astrid Skibsted og Charlotte Jul
- Translation: Laurel Klein
- 4 short essays on creativity and colour.
- 10 illustrations and a written guide on how to make your own yarn windings.
- Nearly 200 photographs of artworks for inspiration.